Yoga Classes & Workshops
At EarthBound Birth we strive to create unique yoga programs grounded in women's health and wellness. Focusing in on the needs of women as they navigate pregnancy and birth, the postpartum period and beyond.
Thursdays 7:00pm - 8:00pm Prenatal Flow
All classes held at Fusion Wellness Studio.
12 Elgin St. East, Unit 3 Cobourg, ON.
Weekly Yoga Classes:
- Prenatal Flow
- Hatha Yoga for Moms *children welcome (all ages)
Upcoming Classes & Workshops:
- The Birth Circle (FREE drop-in)
- HypnoBirthing® Prenatal Education Course
- Birth Prep & Prenatal Yoga Workshop
This prenatal class creates a deep connection between mind, body and baby as you move and flow. You will build stamina & strength while relieving stress and releasing tension throughout the body. We will move through a series of poses and breathing techniques that are designed to prepare you for a mindful and joyous labour and birth.
No previous yoga experience required.
Thursdays 7:00pm - 8:00pm - Register online.
Hatha Yoga for Moms
This class is child friendly!
Bring your babies, preschoolers and school-agers along with you to play in the space, join you in some yoga and have fun making new friends.
This class is led as an adult hatha class so you can move, stretch, breathe and relax in a supportive and fun environment. As moms it can be tough to find a space to come together and practice yoga with children in tow. This is a great way to stay active, socialize and share your yoga with your kiddos. This class is prenatal friendly - great for pregnant Mama's with little ones at home.
No yoga experience required.
Workshops & Events
The Birth Circle
This is a FREE drop in for expectant women in all stages of pregnancy. This will be a fun, informative, and informal safe space where expectant moms can come learn, share and grow with each other. We will have a guided topic each month, we will talk about finding great resources within the community and online, you can chat with other expectant moms and share in your experience. Light refreshments will be provided.
Some hot topics we will cover:
- Coping with pain/ discomforts in labour
- Pain vs. suffering
- What if I need a c-section?
- Tearing/crowning/ring of fire
- Fear/anxiety around childbirth
- Birth partners role in childbirth
- When to go to the hospital
- Relieving stress
- Essential oils for pregnancy & birth
Birth Prep & Prenatal Yoga Workshop
$65/person (or couple)
Are you looking for more ways to optimize your health and wellness during your pregnancy? Trying to prepare for the big, exciting day when your baby will arrive? Join us for a unique one-of-a-kind workshop where we will focus on preparing for your birth and how prenatal yoga can benefit your pregnancy, birth experience and postpartum healing. We will spend the first part of our workshop going through everything you need to know about the stages of labour, comfort measures for each stage, your options for birth, and the first days with your newborn. Including breastfeeding, infant sleep, healing after birth and more. We will then move through a prenatal yoga session as you learn about poses for relieving pregnancy discomforts, poses to prep your body and mind for birth, modifications to safely continue your practice during every trimester of your pregnancy and how to make prenatal yoga a regular practice during this exciting chapter of your life. Moms and birth partners are welcome to attend this session.
- What would you like to learn today?
- Dilation & Effacement exercise
- How to help your body get ready
- Perceptions of pain, and birth preparation
- Stages of labour
- Comfort measures during all stages
- Pain relief options
- Newborn care (the first 24 hours)
- Breastfeeding start-up
- Cluster feeding, the witching hour, growth spurts
- Healing and care for mom
- Postpartum mood disorders
- Benefits of prenatal yoga
- Practicing yoga safely during pregnancy
- Yoga (and pose modifications) for each trimester
- Poses to relief pregnancy discomfort
- Poses to prepare the body for birth
- Class options / practicing yoga at home